Children's Supervised Contact Services
No waiting list
Open 365 days per year
We come to any location in Sydney, Wollongong, Southerland Highlands, Central Coast, Gosford, Blue Mountains
- We believe that every child deserves a loving, meaningful and positive relationship with both parents and family members.
- Children In Focus is here to make it happen fast in a safe and supportive way for everyone involved.
- We commit to delivering reliable and impartial supervised visits focused on the well-being of the children.
- We support families and children by providing stress-free, child focused contact visits and changeovers.
- We will hold hands through these challenging times and ensure that children’s needs and safety come first during supervised contact visits.
Children in Focus is a professional, community-based Supervised Contact Services established in 2015. We are highly regarded in the industry. It is run by caring, professional, and qualified Supervised Contact Workers, commonly called Supervisors.
We specialise in providing safe and reliable supervised contact visitations or changeovers for separated families, relatives and children (0 to18 years of age) who may have been affected by:
- Domestic Violence
- Court ordered supervised contact
- High Conflict between the parents
- Safety concerns for children spending time with a parent
- Safety concerns at changeovers and uncertainty of whether your child would be returned back to you after the visit
- The extended separation between the children and their parents
- Child abuse or sexual assault investigations, and any other allegations
Our service offers an opportunity for parents to maintain, re-establish or build the relationship with their children in a safe and supportive environment, while the court matter is being determined.
Step by step how to engage our children's contact service?
1. FIRST STEP: Fill out our Application Form
Both parents need to complete our Application Form (online or PDF) and email it back to us. Once both Application Forms are received, we will contact you to confirm your application form has been received, answer any further questions you may have about our service, request any additional documentation needed, arrange payment and book a date and time for your intake interview. We can organise a visit within a week, as long as both parents are fast with providing us the required documents.
2. SECOND STEP: Payment for Intake Interview
The invoice will be emailed to the paying party.
We accept credit cards and direct deposits to our account.
3. THIRD STEP: Intake Interview Assessment
Your Intake Interview will take approximately 40-60 minutes over the phone. We will call you at the pre-arranged time/day to discuss your circumstances, obtain a brief history, answer any further questions you may have, and work out an agreeable contract plan for you.
We will determine if we are a suitable service for you and how best we can assist your family in your specific circumstances. We will discuss visitation locations, wet weather locations, visitors. We will assess if your desired location suits our criteria – child-friendly, safe, and the Supervised Contact Worker can do their role comfortably and see and hear everything.
We will also discuss the dates and times and book your family for the contact visit according to your preferences and our availability. We will provide parents with any necessary instructions and meeting locations. Please note both parents must stay away from each other at the changeovers to avoid unnecessary conflict in front of the children.
4. FOURTH STEP: Meet & Greet with the child
Meet & Greet is an optional but recommended service. It helps children to feel safe and comfortable with the new person, our Supervised Contact Worker. We will allocate a suitable Supervisor to your family who will meet with the child before the visit, play, and chat with them.
The aim is to make the child feel comfortable and safe thought the whole process.
5. FIFTH STEP: Contact Visit
Supervised Contact will commence at the agreed time, date, and location.
After each supervised visit, the Supervised Contact Worker will write a detailed report so the parents, legal representatives, Independent Children's Lawyer, and the Court are aware of what is occurring during the visits.
6. AFTER THE VISIT: Please provide any feedback to us to make any necessary adjustments.
SUPERVISED VISITS HOURS
open 365 days per year
Monday - Friday: 7am - 8pm
Saturday - Sunday: 7am - 8pm
Public Holidays: 8am - 8pm
(or by agreement)
Mon - Fr: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sat - Sun: call us and leave a message
and we will call you back to answer
your queries as soon as we can or send us a text message to 0477993030